The following questions are designed to make you think about the type of research you have been doing this semester. You
need to first think about the question very carefully, then think about a possible answer (hypothesis), then think about where
you could find the answer, then go about finding it.
Find the answers to THREE of the following questions and write your findings in paragraphs,using proper MLA format for citing
your sources. You do not need a separate work cited page, but you do need to include a citation for the source.
Why is Jack a nickname for John?
2. Why do snakes dart out their tongues?
3. Why don't people get goose bumps
on their faces?
4. Who was the Emmy that the Emmy Award is named after?
5. What is the difference between "flotsam"
6. What are the twitches and jerks that occasionally wake us just as we are falling asleep?
7. Why do superficial paper cuts tend to hurt more than grosser cuts?
8. What causes the ringing sound you get
in your ears?
9 Why do clocks run clockwise?
10. Why are rainclouds dark?
11. Why are Oreos called "Oreos"?
12. Why did Volkswagen discontinue making the "Bug"?
13. Why does the moon appear bigger on the horizon
than up in the sky?
14. Where does a new speed limit begin? Does it start at the speed limit sign, at some point beyond
the sign, or where the sign becomes clearly visible?
15. Why are there 18 holes on a golf course?