1. Trying to eat in the cafeteria
is an unpleasant experience.
have a class in a few minutes, and so you run in to grab something to eat quickly.
3. Unfortunately, there is a line in the cafeteria.
4. By the time it is your turn, the few things that are almost good are
5. The hoagies, coconut-custard pie, and iced tea have all disappeared.
6. So you reluctantly select a gluelike
tuna-fish sandwich, a crushed
apple pie, and watery, lukewarm coffee.
7. You hold your tray and look for a place
to sit down.
does not seem to be a free table anywhere.
9. Suddenly you spot a free table in the center.
The table is right near the garbage pail.
11. Flies are flitting into and
out of the pail.
12. You sit at the edge of the table,
away from the garbage pail,
and gulp down your meal.
With a last swallow of the lukewarm coffee, you get up
and leave the cafeteria as rapidly as possible.