DIRECTIONS: Consider each of the following thesis statements. (All but three need revision.) Create a thesis statement
that more clearly and specifically states a topic and point of view. You may revise the statements in any way you deem fit;
you may add, delete or change the informaiton in order to achieve that purpose (just adding a map is not always the best option
for a change).
1. Harry is a jerk.
2. Students go to college for three reasons.
3. I can tell you
what's wrong with TV commercials.
4. Most peole who die in fires could have been saved if they had been prepared.
5. Teenagers think they know everthing.
6. I can name three inventions that revolutionized the world.
7. You can tell the difference between truly educated people and those who are not.
8. On a Saturday morning
in spring, my neighborhood is a hub-bub of activity.
9. This paper will tell you that baseball and football are enjoyed
by different kinds of people.
10. One of the most remarkable discoveries in medical science is the relationship between
the mind and the body.